Friday, August 12, 2016

Can't Even Get Started

I want to be one of those wonderful weight loss/health makeover success stories, the one where you crush it for a year and emerge at the end fitter and healthier and elicit "Oooooh!"s and "Ahhhhhhhhhh!!"s from everyone who sees it.  Don't we all want that on some level?  Yeah, well I keep starting that journey, complete with tons of internal hooplah, and never seem to make it past the first day or so.

Okay, so obviously my method is wrong.  What is it that those successful people do that I don't?  I've given this a lot of thought and I think the biggest difference is they start small.  They make one or two small changes at a time but do these things consistently until they stick, then move on to making another few tweaks that become habit, and then another set, etc.  Consistency seems to be the main issue here, and not too surprisingly that is something I'm rather weak about.  

So I think I'm nearly ready to try again.  Starting Monday, August 15th - because all things start on Mondays right?? - I'm starting.  My goals for the rest of August will be as follows:




  • No soda or other sugar-filled drinks.  Coffee with breakfast and then water.  I can have Crystal Light in the evenings, but only after drinking 100 ounces of water.   
  • Wear my Fitbit every day and log the steps on a weekly basis.  Every week, get in more steps than the week before.
That is my pledge and I'm going to hold myself to it.

Angel




No comments:

Post a Comment